Treatment of Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder
Do you or a loved one recognize these symptoms of Attention Deficit /Hyperactivity Disorder?
- Mind and/or body are never at rest
- Difficulty paying attention, including not listening to others (distractible)
- Difficulty making plans or following thru on tasks
- Daydreaming/spacing out
- Often loses important items
- Accused of being bad, stupid, or lazy
ADD is not only debilitating for the individual, but equally debilitating for family members. Life is chaotic. Family members feel: overburdened, resentful, angry, hurt, and ignored. There may be constant struggles over control, leading to frequent endless arguments which don’t resolve anything,
I have found that traditional psychotherapy is not sufficient to address ADD. My approach includes: education, creating strategies and coping skills, and exploring barriers to overcoming issues typical of ADD. I provide a focused goal oriented therapy which may include meeting with the spouse, and including them in the treatment plan. Feel free to schedule an initial consultation.